Problems with current z-pinion probe
- Crashes into the bed breaking the glass
- Metal clip catches side of bed breaking off
- Reduced print area
- Home of the X position lowers probe
- Can’t use change filament option
- Can’t easily upgrade to newer Marlin firmware
My short term plan is to setup an inductive probe. My long term plan is to adapt an alternate design (but one that is still in spirit of mjrice) and use the nozzle hitting the bed as the z-home/probe.
Short video of idea
Long video of assembly
I think with our beefy 10mm rods on the x axis would support this design.