Change how high auto home moves before zeroing x and y [SOLVED]

Hello again folks. I’ve recently upgraded to Marlin 1.1 and a new pica board (Thanks Marty!). Everything seems to work great, except that the auto homing does not appear to raise the apparatus high enough before moving towards the min X endstop. This means there is not enough space for the z probe to lower, and the printer jams. There is a setting in marlin for Z_CLEARANCE_DEPLOY_PROBE but that appears to only apply to what Marty has created, which happens after X and Y have been zeroed.

EDIT: Solution found here

Check out the following in config.h

#define Z_CLEARANCE_DEPLOY_PROBE   10 // Z Clearance for Deploy/Stow
#define Z_CLEARANCE_BETWEEN_PROBES  5 // Z Clearance between probe points

Yeah I found that (see original post) but those do not appear to have any effect on the part of the auto home that is having an issue:

Here is how “auto home” seems to function:

Begin action
Raise X distance
Move towards x=0 until limit switch is pressed
Move towards y=0 until limit switch is pressed
Execute Marty’s Z probe code
Make sure probe is extended
Move up Z_CLEARANCE_DEPLOY_PROBE distance
Move to center
Move towards z=0 until limit switch is pressed
Move up Z_CLEARANCE_BETWEEN_PROBES distance
Move to next point

The issue I’m having is that that initial move up before X and Y is not changed by Z_CLEARANCE_DEPLOY_PROBE

EDIT: Found same issue in other thread here

Ah sorry, didn’t read your original properly. Glad you got it sorted.

What does this do then… I thought this was how the issue of deploying and missing obstacles was handled?

#define Z_HOMING_HEIGHT 15 // (in mm) Minimal z height before homing (G28) for Z clearance above the bed, clamps, …
// Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case.

That is how I solved it. Z_HOMING_HEIGHT is the relevant setting for the printer to make sure the extruding apparatus is high enough before homing any axis.

The other two Z_CLEARANCE settings are for other times involving bed leveling. The DEPLOY one is how far is raises after homing the X axis before it begins homing the Z (relevant if you had a servo probe, and could home the X axis without worrying about the probe until it was time to home the Z axis)

BETWEEN PROBES is how far it raises between probes, so you don’t drag the Z probe across the bed