HE3D 3d printer Z-axis starting way too high

Hey Guys,

I’m new here but just built my printer a few days ago and haven’t been able to get a decent print job out of it yet.
The hotend heats up as well as the bed normally and seem to be good, but then it goes to print and the z-axis is way too high off tehe print bed; even after just manually levelilng everything.
This is the 2nd unit I build in a few years and I have no idea what to do or how to even troubleshoot this problem.

Any help is appreciated. The manufacture is in China and can only respond to my email @ all sorts of weird hours.
I’m Canadian and live in BC

Terry

Not a lot of info but try this.

First check to make sure your slicer hasn’t go some settings wrong like a positive Z offset or like in S3D a start at certain height setting.

When you flashed the firmware what did you set the Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER it is always a - number and depending on your setup around -12.00.

To get around and even check start a print without filament, then stop it and measure the height off the bed… Say you slide a 2mm alan key under it or some thing then go into your slicer and add a negative offset to Z for that distance e.g -2.00 then re slice and start the print with you finger on the power just in case.

If it prints fine then you either need to just keep that negative offset in your slicer or adjust the offset in the firmware and save it… then reset the slicer offset to 0.